Sunday, October 27, 2013

Almost Halloween!

Seth had his last soccer practice and his last game. He'll start up again in April, and we'll have to find another activity for him until then. Back to gymnastics maybe? Hmmm...






Jason got his new camo for a hunt he's going on with my father and one of my younger brothers. He's pretty excited!


Seth got a $10 gift certificate at his birthday party, so we went to the store and spent it. He was so excited to have a "credit card" of his own! It was so cute. We had to line up all the appropriately priced monster trucks so he could compare them before he picked one. Tell me he doesn't look excited in this picture! I love this boy!


We have been rearranging rooms to get ready for our home inspection for foster care. It's taken a LOT of our time, but we're so close to being ready! :D The boys are in their new toy room. (I still have to get the vinyl off the wall and move it to the wall above the piano.)


We put bunk beds in the boys' room, and they are EXCITED. They are loving their new beds. This means Kai is in a twin bed now. It feels like such a big step. He's so grown up!






We have beds in storage for whatever children we are lucky enough to have in our home in the future. We also set up the bedroom for the future kiddos as much as we were able.


We also carved pumpkins of course!








I found the kids working on this cute project.






We went to our church Halloween party. The kiddos wanted to be puppies this year. They pretend to be puppies all the time. Luckily, I had gotten some cheap costumes after Halloween last year so the boys could have some dress-ups. Since they were Dalmatians, Jason went as a firefighter and I went as a fire hydrant. Haha! I had fun making my costume! I didn't get a picture of it at the church party, but I will on Thursday.


We also decorated a classroom in the church since we are teachers in that classroom. We had to come up with some sort of game, so we did "Caption This". We printed off funny pictures of the 16 and 17 year olds in our class, taped them to the walls, and let people write funny captions. The funniest three captions won big bags of candy. It was so fun!

We also roasted the pumpkin seeds we dug out of our pumpkins when we carved them. Half salted, half garliced. (I know that's not a word.) :)





We then made pumpkins out of toilet paper rolls and construction paper. While I was working with Seth, Jason built a tower with Kai. When Seth's project was done, we switched so I could help Kai with his pumpkin. I think they turned out kind of cute! (And yes, Jason and Kai are dressed in Jason's Halloween costume.)









Yeah, so we've been EXTREMELY busy. But it has all been fun. We will be having another REALLY busy week. Wish us luck that we can pull it all off! There is still a lot to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment