Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Back in action

After having spring break last week, it feels strange to be back into a routine now: school, soccer, gymnastics, etc. I talked to Seth's soccer coach because we have a game on Saturday and I hadn't heard anything about practices. Well, she's super bogged down right now, so I'm the new coach! It's pretty strange to be the actual coach (and not just helping out,) but it will be a blast also. We had our first practice today, and those littlies were adorable.

Kai was super sick this morning.

He didn't want to leave his pillow pet, so he insisted on staying on the floor, even though I assured him he could bring his pillow pet into the rocking chair with us. Because he preferred the floor, I spent all morning sitting by him and rubbing his back. It was the strangest thing. He wasn't sick last night, and he was MUCH better by the afternoon. I hope it's just gone tomorrow. I hate when they have fevers. :(

During Kai's brief naps, I tried to give Seth some attention. He was so good about not having our usual routine this morning. He went into the toy room and put together a puppet show for me. It was precious. He laid under the train table and stuck things up behind it to be his puppets.
The whole puppet show was about a kid who got more siblings through adoption and how much he loved having more siblings. My heart melted for this boy. I was so happy that he was so excited for the adoption process and so sad that I couldn't guarantee a sibling any time soon. He loves children. If it were up to him, he'd have a dozen siblings. He just loves being around people, and he loves family.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Kai is sick, I hope he's better by now. Tell Seth I missed him and I will see him tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete