Sunday, March 1, 2015

I'm back!

Two months. So this will be a picture update of the minor events between Christmas and now. And then I will update on the bigger events. :) These are totally out of order. Lol!

We went to the dinosaur museum! The kids love this place, and it's super educational. (As a sidenote, I've started saying the word "super" way too much. It's a habit I'm trying to drop. I've come up with "uber" and "very" as good replacements.)




The boys both had their school Christmas concerts, which were adorable. They were so joyous, and it makes me smile just thinking of it.


This is just the boys giggling at the bottom of the stairs. :)

We held our neighbor's water bottle hostage after she left it there the night before. This is the picture we sent with the following ransom note:
We have a hostage. We demand a ransom. $1,000,000 or one package of Oreos and time spent with Harry Potter. Your choice. You have 24 hours or we will spill its guts all over your porch.
When our friend came to get her water bottle, my bodyguards attached.

 The Colts lost to the Patriots. Jason wasn't happy, but my dad was!

I re-finished the toy room tree after S pulled down several of the leaves. Luckily, this is so amazingly simple to do! I love easy-to-fix projects like this!

We took a trip out of state to see Jason's grandma. After his grandpa died in December, his grandma moved in with his aunt. This meant that grandma was significantly closer! Yay! We got stuck trying to climb a hill in a minivan to get to the house, and Jason and his uncle spent a long time digging us out.

This picture is so heartwarming. Who has a picture of themself reading to their GREAT-grandma? This is so precious.

In the same weekend, we also got to attend our niece's baptism. It was a wonderful experience. This girl was glowing all weekend. This trip was just filled with so much family. We loved it!

Speaking of family, we spent an evening with Jason's brothers and their families. This girl was so darn sweet to sit down and play Candyland with Kai several times in a row. He loved the one on one time. They were so cute telling us about the games they played together.

 S was there for all of this, and I'm sorry I can't post pictures of her here, because I have some incredibly cute pictures of her. We have had her for over 10 months now, and I can't picture our family without her. She's been there with us through so much. We have watched her grow and change and blossom. We've cleaned up her blood, sweat, and tears, literally, not to mention puke! She's changed clothing sizes and developmental categories. She's singing songs now and can identify almost all of her colors and shapes. I even have her signed up for PRESCHOOL in the fall! We have a court date coming up, and I hope something is more solidified than it has been thus far. 10 months is a lifetime to a child. Really, we've had her for a third of her LIFE now! I LOVE her. Jason LOVES her. Seth and Kai LOVE her. She is family. She is our family.

We just renewed our foster care license, and we are signing up with another adoption agency soon, since LDS Family Services went to solely providing services for birthparents and NOT for adoptive couples like us. We have the list of adoption agencies narrowed down to a handful, and we are really excited about jumping in with one of them. It's been so long since I held a newborn and called him my own. (Though I hold other people's newborns and enjoy every moment.) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment