Monday, May 18, 2015

Mother's Day

Seth made me the sweetest little calendar for Mother's Day. He colored the sky gray and said, "The sky is dark because it is raining hearts for Mother's Day!" I loved it! Every page of that calendar just exudes love and time spent in earnest concentration.

This boy melts my heart. You wouldn't believe how empathetic he is. (For instance, he has a girl in his class that was born with half a heart. This obviously causes a few physical challenges. He has taken her under his wing, and when I told him he wouldn't be in the same class as her next year, he started crying! He doesn't want to lose his friend.)



Kai had a program at school and sang a couple of adorable little songs. I had a hard time not laughing and crying at the same time. This boy is going to be a heart breaker! Watch out for those eyebrows!



And my favorite part of the little "mom surveys" this year was Kai saying he can talk to me. It's true. We talk when happy or sad, bad days or good days. He doesn't open up to everyone, and I LOVE that he opens up to me.

We also have a tradition of going to a second-hand store and letting the kids pick things off the rack for me. It is wonderful to see what it is they like. Most of the stuff is hilarious. S picked a yellow shirt with flowers all along the bottom. Kai picked a BYU shirt. Seth picked a black dress. (He usually picks a dress for me.)
My friend and I wearing our matching necklaces since our sons go to the same preschool. These necklaces are a badge of honor. 

And my sister called from her mission! It was so good to see her. She was in a car accident that was way more serious than she first let on, so it was nice to see her alive and well. She is always so positive and it is refreshing. I miss her a ton. She is almost 1/3 of the way through!

Here are some photos from the time we spent at my parents' home over mother's day weekend. It's always fun to go home.
All the men took naps, so my mother and I went for a walk.
Our walk, just the two of us, was one of my favorite moments on Mother's Day.
This is Seth hugging his cousin goodbye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment