Sunday, September 7, 2014

Happy 7th Anniversary

Happy 7th Anniversary to us!  This is Jason by the way.  We have had seven WONDERFUL years together.  And I can honestly say that I haven't felt closer to my wife since we got married.  I was actually leaving for a work trip today and teared up that I had to leave her.  lol...  I know.  A grown man shouldn't tear up at the idea of leaving for four days lol...

Well, Ashley got to plan this year's anniversary and it was great.  We kept it simple this year since very few people can babysit S overnight and mostly it is people that she doesn't know so we definitely weren't going to do that.  So we went to Ruth's Chris for lunch and it was magnificent as always.  We don't go here very often but when we do we LOVE to get the Porterhouse for two.  It's way too much money, but it is so good.  When they carve it and put it on the 500 degree plate and your meat starts sizzling your mouth will just start drooling.  It's so good.  Oh and the broccoli al gratin is awesome...


So after our @mazing lunch, we headed out to Olympic Park in Park City and went up the mountain to ride the Alpine Slide.  It was super fun and they let us go twice which was nice of them.  You can get those little carts moving fast and it's pretty liberating.  I wish we had a video of that.  Here's a video of our goofy selfs riding up the lift:



After this, we hurried home to get there before our babysitter needed to leave.  It was super fun to spend some quality time with Ash.  She's amazing I'm so happy that she's with me for eternity...

And some random pics from our date for your amusement :)




1 comment:

  1. 1- We're nerds. That video proves it. ;)
    2- Just info for those who don't know: The reason we can't leave S over night is due to the fact that she is our foster daughter. This means only foster-certified people can take her over night. We don't personally know any foster-certified people, so we would have to do respite care, meaning we would have to leave her with a stranger. We tried this once, but she regressed and the people that watched her weren't great to her, so we won't do that again. We recently cancelled a little trip because they wouldn't let us take her out of state. And we'd rather sacrifice a trip than do anything that would impede her progress, such as putting her in respite care. She's really come SOOOO far. She's pretty amazing like that.
    3-You'll notice that when Jason and I call each other @mazing, we use the @ in place of the first 'A'. This is an inside... flirt. It's not an inside joke, because it isn't a joke. We're flirting with each other. We did a couples trust thing when we were first married that required me to be blind and wandering through the woods. Jason had to direct me using only four words, one of which had to be a word that I used often that he enjoyed hearing. We chose "amazing", and it meant something was directly in my path. To remember what the words meant we came up with hand gestures, so the gesture for the word "amazing" was to make the @ symbol in the air in front of my face, thus connecting the @ and the word "amazing". It eventually came to mean really really amazing if you spell it with an @ at the beginning. Thus the flirting. Thought I'd explain since I believe we've used this a few times now on this blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete