Friday, August 29, 2014

Seth's First Day Of Kindergarten!

My sweet, kind Seth is in Kindergarten. I'm not old enough to have a kid in actual school, right? RIGHT??


We met his teacher the other day, and she's exactly what you want in a teacher: incredibly nice and helpful without giving in to manipulation tactics by children, scheduled and organized, a great listener, etc.

 If you know Seth at all, you know he likes to talk... a LOT. He always has. From the time he could make eye contact he would babble away at me for a long time. He's always had something to say, and he's always had the vocabulary to match. It's pretty awesome. Anyway, Seth launched into a pretty elaborate story the very first time he met his teacher, and this is her "I'm taking you seriously" face. :)
Isn't that just perfect? Lol!

He has been asking me if he can ride a school bus for two years, and he finally got the chance. I asked him how he liked it, and he said it was a little scary, but that everything was okay because he got to ride with an older neighbor boy who has taken Seth right under his wing. Everybody, kids and adults alike, have been so helpful and kind toward Seth. We live amongst some great people.
When I posted about Kai going to school, I posted the funny faces he was pulling, so I'm doing the same thing for Seth. I handed Seth the paper that has his name and grade on it, and he ran over to the front door, where we take our first day of school pictures usually. The first thing he did was strike this pose:
I love it when their excitement takes over and they just have to do something silly to use up some of that energy.

Now I'm here with just S and the whole house feels too big and too quiet a lot of the time. I love having my kids home when I can get them here, and I know they will spend less and less time at home the older they get. I really truly miss them when they aren't here, and my favorite time of the day is the discussion about school that we have every day when they return. Their take on things just brightens my outlook continually.


No comments:

Post a Comment