Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Camping

Kai and his friend, just giggling in a hammock in the mountains.
We are tent campers. It just doesn't feel like camping without a tent for me. I am sure I will change my mind as I get older, but for now, our enormous tent works for us. It can fit a queen, a twin, and two child cots with room to spare. Love it!
Dressed and a quick breakfast so we can get to the fun stuff.
We went camping with friends who brought these awesome hammocks. The kids had so much fun in them that we bought some of our own for our next camping trip. (The first picture in this post is of Kai and his friend, Sophia, who came camping with us. One of my favorite pictures lately.)
Daddy and son relaxing in a hammock.
 We played in the lake nearby and paddled around in our blow-up raft.
At the beach with friends.
There is a short jaunt called Devil's Kitchen. While driving there, everything is purely green, and then you walk down a very short little path to find this:
The contrast of colors from the purely green to this bright orange is just amazing!
I absolutely loved everything about this trip, especially the light sprinkles of rain. And having friends around made it even more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment