Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Happy Birthday... and Happy Father's Day, Jason!!

Jason is old! Yay! ... I mean ... happy birthday, Jason! :)

We went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse, and I made him sit in the saddle to get back at him for when I had to sit in the saddle on my birthday. (I was 9 months pregnant. I gave birth to Kailand less than a week later. Between the waiters and Jason, they convinced me to sit in a very tall saddle while they sang Happy Birthday to me. I then couldn't get OFF the saddle and had to get help. SOOOO embarrassing. Lol!)
And presents, of course!

 I got him a very expensive watch. It is kind of nice to have his birthday and Father's Day really close together, because I can scoot the money back and forth between the two to get him something a little nicer.

And for Father's Day, we have the same tradition as Mother's Day. We all go to a secondhand store and let the kids pick out some things for us to try on. We narrow down the selection and let the kids pick something to buy for us. It's so fun. We started this when we simply didn't have a lot of money, and it was so stinking fun that we haven't given it up just because we aren't living paycheck to paycheck anymore.

You can't really see what Jason got for Father's Day in these pictures, but you can see the fun we all had. (Tissue paper fights are quickly becoming a tradition also...)

And my favorite part of the day was when everyone was resting and Kai asked if I could teach him to ride a bike with no training wheels. I said sure, but then encountered some problems with the bike. Jason came out to help and ended up teaching Kai how to ride a bike. Isn't that just a precious thing to do on Father's Day???
 In these pictures, Jason is wearing an outfit the kids picked out for him at the secondhand store. :)
Jason is an @mazing father and husband. I know no man like him that gives so much time to his family. He works from home, so he gets more than a healthy dose of us, and he still vies for more time with the kids. He is such an example to the boys of what a man should be, and S is going to have a hard time finding a husband that can compare to such a neat daddy. He's had to work for her affections like he never had to work for the boys', and he has never faltered. I love you, Jason!

No comments:

Post a Comment