Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Breathe.

Yes, it's been awhile since I posted last. Things got crazy, both in our personal lives and with adoption. But we're back! :D (This post may seem a little disjointed as I go. I'm trying to post about all the things that I found fun or exciting in the last 3 months that I won't be writing a whole blog post on later.)

We had our home inspection today which was exciting and nerve wracking. It was all very laid back and easy, so I don't know what I was nervous about. We did have to step around a huge cardboard fort though to show our caseworker one of the rooms in our house. Yes, we built a huge cardboard fort.

It was fun, and the kids loved it.

After the caseworker was done with the inspection, the boys and I had a sword fight. We then got Seth ready for school. He brought a friend home with him from school which was fun.

Jason is picking up a fridge for my parents today and then he's headed to theater practice. He was cast in a play! We're so excited about it. He's such a good singer, and he's always so funny, so the role he got just suits him so well.

OK. Time to go back and tell you about the silly, fun things we've done for the last three months. (Major events will get their own blog posts.)

Snow days!




The festival of trees! (We plan on purchasing a tree next year, and I'm way stoked! What a fabulous way to help someone!)

We had family come by!

We had family "sleepover" nights! (We all sleep on air mattresses in the living room and let the boys stay up late watching a movie.)
We signed Kai up for preschool! He's so excited to go. He keeps asking me if it's August yet. He's such a sweetheart.
We got new couches! Jason and I have looked for quite a few months trying to find just the right ones. These aren't EXACTLY what we were looking for, but we are really happy with them, and they are way comfy! And Jason and I had fun shopping together for this. It felt like a dream!
And this is always fun right outside our backyard fence! :D
Jason loves the super bowl, and he's a big Peyton Manning fan, so this year's super bowl party was fun. We have a very casual party every year with friends. Jason makes the best hot wings and parmesan fries. Yum!
Seth's asthma has been acting up again, so he's been on nebulizer treatments.
But it hasn't stopped him from practicing his gymnastics, which is by far his favorite sport so far.
We went bowling with friends and had a great time. I am a terrible bowler, but seeing as I've never aspired to be better, it really doesn't bother me. Jason curves the ball when he bowls. It's pretty awesome. I don't know how he does it.

I had a birthday, and Jason was so sweet about it. Last year he threw a Cinderella birthday party for me, knowing it was and always will be my favorite Disney story. He got me a crown and everything. This year he got me a crown with a big 30 on it in pink jewels. He always makes me feel special.
That's it for now. I'll post again soon. I'm excited to be back on here!

1 comment:

  1. You're so imaginative and have such a lovely life. I'm happy for my Seth that he has such loving parents. I really enjoyed your blog!

    ReplyDelete