Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My gymnast

Seth has been in gymnastics on and off for a couple years. I put him in a 3 year old class to let him try it, then was disappointed with the way the class was run and pulled him out after a few months. We tried other sports, and when Seth asked if he could do gymnastics again, I found another gym and stuck him back in. He was bumped up to the boys only class pretty quickly. It is a pre-level 1 class. This is him in his boys only class. I didn't get a picture of his highest climb unfortunately.
I then pulled him for soccer in the fall. He kept asking when he could go back to gymnastics, even though he had a ton of fun in soccer. He has been back in gymnastics for 3 or 4 months now, and he just got bumped up AGAIN! He is officially in a level 1 boys gymnastics class. I feel like this is a real sport now, as opposed to just being a recreational activity.

(Sorry that picture is so grainy. I took it from far away, through a window, with my old phone.)
 When we first walked in, we got some funny looks from people. I started to figure out why when I noticed the ages of everyone else. There were 4 different classes going on and ALL of them were older classes. People must have thought I was lost with a 5 year old and a 3 year old amidst all those older kids.

I was a little nervous for him to go into his new class today, reiterating that he would be in with older kids and needed to take it seriously. The description of the class says it is for boys ages 5.5 to 12! There was one other boy that might have been his age, but the other 9 were all obviously older than him. I would guess the rest of the boys were 7 to 9 years old. Seth isn't even technically supposed to be in the class, seeing as he is not 5.5 years old yet. And he's only in the 12th percentile in weight for his age, so he looks smaller than he is. I know he went in a little nervous, but by the end he was beaming. I knew his confidence increased a whole barrel today. I was so proud of how hard he was trying. He's a hard worker, and I love that about him.

On a side note, Kai and I took a nap together today, which hardly ever happens. It was so pleasant.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like Seth has some talent in gymnastics! I am so proud of your little guy. (Oh, this is Pat Bahr. My Wii name is PartyPatt).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was you. Honestly didn't think twice about it. Lol! He is a very talented kid. It's fun to watch him figure things out.

      Delete