Sunday, August 17, 2014

Last T-ball game of the season!

I ask the boys what they want to try as far as sports or instruments or theater or whatever. So far, Kai has tried gymnastics and didn't like it much. We are signing him up for a little kid's intro to football class that will start several weeks from now.

Seth did a little tiny kid's intro to baseball class, gymnastics at two separate facilities and on several levels, and soccer. He had a terrible experience in the intro to baseball class, and I felt bad that he wouldn't have a better taste of what baseball truly is. I don't even like to watch the sport, but I don't want Seth to be turned off of it if he could like it. Anyway, I asked him if he would like to try baseball. He said no because he didn't want anyone throwing the ball at him. I explained that he could start with T-ball, which means no one throws the ball for him to hit it. He got really excited about it! Yay! During his first game, someone hit the ball and it pegged him in the hand. It hit him pretty hard, so he sat with me for a minute until he could stop crying. As we sat there, a kid threw a wild ball that hit him in the leg! I felt so bad for him. It was exactly what he DIDN'T want to happen. And yet, he figured out that he was okay, even being hit TWICE in a row. And then he wasn't too afraid the rest of the season! Weird how these things work out, isn't it?
Saturday was his last T-ball game.
 I told him that next year was coach pitch and asked him if that sounded interesting to him. He was REALLY excited about it! It's the only sport besides gymnastics that he's wanted to continue in.
I think we're going to switch gears after we settle in to his new kindergarten schedule, and we will try piano. We tried for 2 lessons last summer, and though he could mentally handle it, his hands weren't strong enough to hold the shape they needed to hold. Hopefully that won't be a problem this time around.

We also just found out who Seth's kindergarten teacher is and what time he goes! His kindergarten only does half days, and the school doesn't tell you until right before school starts whether your child will be going in the mornings or the afternoons. We got the time and the teacher we were hoping for, which is SUCH a blessing. We're excited to see what this new chapter brings us!
Seth with his class list, teacher name, and time for KINDERGARTEN! When did he get this big?
We've known Kai's preschool schedule since January and we got to request a teacher there since it's a first come, first served deal. Luckily the two boys' schedules align, so I will have one on one time with S during a few days a week, which will be really good for her! The Lord blesses us in little ways day after day. I'm so glad I get to see and acknowledge some of them. Though I am sure there are many many unseen blessings in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment