Saturday, May 10, 2014

If you're wondering, Russian accents are cute, but not sexy. Lol!

So here are some of our Mother's Day traditions:
- The Saturday before Mother's Day, we go to Tucanos for their Mother's Day special. They serve extra types of meat and give the moms truffles and carnations, one of my favorite flowers. (To find out why it is one of my favorite flowers, go to our profile with LDS family services and read our "Getting to Know Us" page. HERE is the link.)
- We also go to Deseret Industries (DI) and let the kids pick out some clothes for me. I try them on, find a few that fit (that I would really wear,) and let them each pick out one thing to give me. It's hilariously cute how much they love doing this. And it's really fun to see what they choose for me.
- We also do breakfast in bed on Sunday morning.
- And we do a nice dinner Sunday afternoon.
- At some point we open my presents (the clothes the kids picked out at DI).
- Jason sends me flowers through the mail (because he does everything through the mail.)

That's about it. We have the exact same traditions for Father's Day in June.
So we were in DI and had already picked out my presents, so we were walking around the garden area to give the boys time to play with the toys. (Side note: Yesterday I was watching an old home video from when Seth was about 3 years old, and in the video, he was saying that his favorite store was DI because the toys weren't stuck in boxes. Lol! I love the cute things kids say! Two days ago he also asked me why my tummy is so much bigger than everyone else's... He asked while we were at gymnastics in front of a crowd. That one wasn't as cute at the time. But I digress...) So while I was walking around, this old Russian man starts talking to me. I couldn't understand him, but he was holding an object, so I wondered if he was asking me about the price or something. Then I noticed that the object was a mirror. I finally understood that he was saying, "See beautiful girl! Beautiful girl!" over and over. It made me smile. I genuinely thanked him, and my confidence was boosted a ton. It brightened my day, since I'm kind of sick and wasn't really perky at the time. Old men are cute. Lol!

Yesterday, Seth did a Mother's Day program at his preschool. I love the Mother's Day program! It's always so adorable. He made me an awesome picture that is SOOOO what he would paint, which makes my day. And he filled out some information about me in a little questionaire. You ready for this?

According to Seth:
- I look prettiest when I have a flower in my hair.
- He doesn't know what my favorite food is.
- I'm happiest when Kai and he give me hugs.
- I'm 30 years old.
- If I could go anywhere, I would go to the mall or something.
- My best friends are Seth and Kai and S.
- My job is to take care of them.
- He loves me because I let him play monster trucks!

I LOVE these funny little papers and questions. I love my children, and I love being a mother. It's my favorite thing to do. I've even quit proofreading, because I'd rather have extra time for my favorite people in the world, my family. I may pick it up again sometime; I really do love it. But for now, this is what I'm doing. Thank goodness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment