Tuesday, July 1, 2014

EBLT!

Where do I even start? This trip was awesome! My brothers nicknamed it the EBLT, the Epic Bear Lake Trip! We went to celebrate my father's 60th birthday. It's been a great 60 years, so we had to do something awesome to commemorate.

On Wednesday, we got permission from a judge to take S into Idaho with us! Hurrah! We would have taken her to the cabin either way because the cabin is on the Utah side of the boarder. The good beaches are in Idaho though, so S and I would have missed out on a lot of family fun by staying in Utah. Luckily, the judge was kind and we got some fun, action-packed days as a family. :)

We stopped on the way up just to give the kids a break, and they loved the view! (This picture is like a "Where's Waldo?" but I would call it a "Where's Seth?" Lol!)
 The cousins were a blast! And the cabin was amazingly beautiful inside and out. This picture is of a very serious discussion, by the way.

The kids played outside mostly since the weather was nice and the lawn was soft.
 We loved making s'mores! (Kai just wanted a graham cracker. Silly kid!)
 Sitting around a campfire together!



I usually only add the "good" pictures on the blog, but this one was pretty funny. It was really late after a long day when I took this, and you can see it on everyone's faces. :)
 We spent a lot of time at the beach, and the kids couldn't get enough of the sand and water. We got to use our new blow-up boat!


 Kai didn't understand the appeal of a beach at first. He spent a long while like this:
 But it gave me some cuddle time with him, so I didn't mind!
 This is Seth trying to row himself out to the middle of the lake. He gave it a good effort!
 We had a blast on the jet skis also! Seth and Kai loved going, and they rode with many different family members, which made it even more fun.
 Look at this great group of cousins! This isn't even all of them.
 Jason and I always have a blast together.
 Now Kai's getting it a little!
 What cute brothers they are together.
 S got so much attention from all the new family members, and I got so many compliments about how wonderful she is, all of which I agree with. ;) I love how instantly accepting everyone was of her. Our family rocks!
The trip really tuckered out the little ones, and there were many many naps along the way.
Kai and Seth at the cabin:
 Seth and Grandpa on the beach:
 Yes, under this pile of towels and hats, there is an adorable little girl.
It was a great trip. Our EBLT was amazing! I could have been there twice as long and still wanted more time. We played a ton of board games, and we ate a LOT of food. We rode four-wheelers up some trails, and I am really sad that we didn't get any pictures of the four-wheelers, because Jason and I covered one of them in mud! I drove and he rode on the back. It rained on the way up, so all the paths were slick, and we took a new path that was much more difficult than we had first anticipated. But we made it out alright and had a blast getting covered in mud. 

Next year is my mother's 60th birthday. I think we better start planning now if we are going to match this amazing trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment