Friday, July 18, 2014

Sealings

So last week was the endowments for Aunt J and Uncle S. This week they got sealed! :D
This is Aunt J and Uncle S with their younger son's family.

I told you about endowments, so here is my brief explanation of sealings. When two people are sealed together, it means their marriage is for "time and for all eternity" instead of just "until death do us part". When children are born to two people that are already sealed, they are automatically counted as being sealed to their parents. This is called being "born into the covenant". If the parents are not sealed already when a child is born, they must go to the temple with that child to be sealed together, making their family an eternal family. That was my case. My earliest memories are of being in the temple with my family as we were sealed together. What a wonderful way to start remembering life, right?

I'd point out which one is me in the picture, but seeing as I'm the only little girl in the picture, I think you can figure it out. ;) My mother made that dress, by the way. All my sewing knowledge and skill came from her, and I was lucky to have such a fountain of knowledge on the subject.

And here's an incredible tidbit that I am really excited about: When a child is adopted into a family, the whole family gets to go into the temple to be sealed together. My two boys are sealed to Jason and me, as they were born in the covenant. But all of my children will still get the experience I got of going in the temple and having those memories. This is something very close to my heart. This is what life is all about for me. I get so peacefully happy just thinking about it. If we adopt a girl, I would have to sew her temple dress. ;) Tradition and all, ya know?

Jason and I felt so privileged to be able to be in the temple with my aunt and uncle during this amazingly special time in their lives. This is the highest covenant that we can make with the Lord our God. And I got to be there. What an honor!



As a side note, Jason and I got packages today. We both ordered a Woot.com "Bag of Crap". It's a box full of who knows what, but it's really cheap and the value of the items inside is always much greater than the cost. Since we both got one, we decided to have a contest to see whose box was better. This picture was taken just before we opened the boxes.
And I totally won! Lol! Jason lost by default; he opened his box to a Sports Illustrated calendar placed right on top. If you know anything about Sports Illustrated, you know their calendars are terribly smutty. I disposed of that quickly, but his bad luck made me an automatic winner. Hazzah! He did get a really cool night vision camera though, so it was worth the money in the end for sure. The most valuable thing I got was a Cleveland Browns jersey, size 4XL. So I have an awesome new nightgown! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment