Sunday, July 13, 2014

Endowments

My Aunt J and Uncle S are amazing people. No joke. I love them. We call them Grandma J and Grandpa S because they have been there for my children in so many ways. My boys love them as much as I do.

And a few days ago they got their endowments out in the temple! :D :D :D
From left to right: my parents,  Uncle J, Aunt S, Aunt J, Uncle S, and us.

If you don't know what endowments are, I'll fill you in. (I know the LDS religion has a vocabulary of our own.) ;) Endowments are just promises/covenants that we make with our Heavenly Father. They are very very sacred to us, and they only happen in the temple. A member of the church must be keeping all of the commandments of the Lord in the best way they can to enter the temple and get their endowments. It's kind of a huge step for us. The only larger covenant we make with God is being sealed as husband and wife for all eternity.



My wonderful aunt and uncle taking this amazing step in their lives is my biggest news. Other than that, we've just been hanging out, kind of like in this video:
 Seth had a T-ball game, and the kids loved playing on the park afterward.
Seth insisted on wearing his hat like this for most of the game:
 Silly boy!

Seth climbs the walls, literally.
 And Kai tries hard, but he's not quite there yet. He's not too happy about not being able to climb the walls.
 We went to Cow Day at Chick-Fil-A. Think the boys are excited?? :)
 We also went to Slurpee Day at 7-Eleven, but I forgot to get a picture.

I went out to check the garden, and when I came back inside, I found this:
 Those stuffed animals are wrapped in blankies and drinking water bottles. Lol! Jason had come down stairs while I was out back. Remember, he works from home, so we see each other often and he gets to help out a lot with the family. It's great. Anyway, he thought he'd play this little joke on me. This is just something he would do. Love it!

And we've been drinking water through extra long straws... in the shape of glasses...
 In our free time (What's that???) we had to make an emergency trip to the shoe store. Kai goes through shoes so quickly! These shoes used to light up. We bought them brand new, but that is the light box sticking out of the heel there... Do you know how much sole he had to wear off to get to that light box???
And now we are going to play "Find the Veggie". Can you spot the beginnings of our harvest?




 I love our backyard. It's seriously cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment