Saturday, July 5, 2014

Happy Independence Day!

 I love Independence Day! (The movie and the holiday. Lol!) We always have fun. The Flag flies outside our door, and we get the opportunity to tell our kids about this great country. If you don't know how good we have it in the good old USA, I'd love to have a vacation with you and go see what things are like elsewhere! :)

Waiting for the parade!
When the parade started, there was obviously an American Flag carried to start the whole thing off. It was wonderful to hear the hush that fell over the crowd and to stand with our hands over our hearts along with everyone else. It was so quiet as it passed, and then the throng rang out in applause. I loved it. Every Flag we saw after that, Seth had his hand on his heart. It was so so sweet.

 S decided she needed to sit on Jason's lap halfway through the parade. It was so adorable.

 This is what anticipation looks like.
 Later that day, we did fireworks with a lot of people from the neighborhood. It was so fun! The kids had a lot of playmates, and the firework show was phenomenal.
 I loved this moment.
 Look at how many fireworks there were! Crazy! Everybody brought some, and two families brought a ton. Between everyone, we had hours and hours of entertainment.
 This is what it looks like when Kai stays up too late.
 And this is what it looks like when Jason and I stay up too late!
 Okay, not really. But we do look tired, even in the "good" picture. Lol!
And to top it all off, here is the highlight: Kai shaking his groove thing! We went in the neighbor's house to go potty, and when we came out, there was music. Without any cue or prompting from me, Kai started dancing. I'm so glad I had the camera on me!
If that doesn't make it a Happy Independence Day, I don't know what does!

No comments:

Post a Comment