Saturday, July 19, 2014

S had a birthday! Shout hurray!

I've waited to post this so that you couldn't really know when her birthday was. It was so great. I got to give a pink and purple princess party! (That's a lot of 'P's.) I've given a lot of blue and red birthdays. (Thomas the Train, Spiderman, etc. etc.) And it's been so very fun, but this was really different, which is always wonderful. The challenge was getting pictures of S's birthday without posting pictures of S on here. It's a little difficult to not post pictures of the sweet birthday girl, but I'll give it a try.

Our neighbor saw all the presents wrapped up and ready for her birthday, and he said it looked like a unicorn had thrown up on our entertainment center. My response was, "Good!"
 My parents gave S one of those presents, which I thought was very sweet and thoughtful of them. They're amazing like that; they always remember birthdays and holidays.


These are some of the non-present-y things I bought for her.

Here is Kai writing in her birthday card. Jason asked him what he wrote and he said, "I wrote up and down and up and down." That's a very accurate statement. ;)

Jason picked out her balloons on his way home from work. (He works in an office 2 days a week and from home 3 days a week. That day just happened to be an office day for him.) I wish I had gotten a better picture of the Mylar balloon. It was shiny and had 3 princesses on it. Jason got the exact right one for this party!


This was one of the presents I got for her. She got fairy wings, and I found these tiny fairy wings to match so that her baby doll could be a fairy princess with her. Isn't that awesome?!? I found them at a booth during the 4th of July parade/fair.

I got ballerina dress ups for S also. This is what Jason decided the tutu was for:


Seth was really trying to show S the leotard, but she wasn't paying much attention. Lol!

Kai really liked her new pillow pet. Every time S would put it down and walk away, he would pick it up and set it next to her again. It was so sweet. He just wanted her to love it.

We went outside and had a silly string fight. Seth and S thought it was amazing, but Kai wasn't so sure. He had no qualms with spraying us, of course.
Afterward we played with some pretty sturdy pinwheels, which I know S loves. It's one of her favorite things.

This is the cake we got for her. Isn't it so perfect? Eek! I love it!

The boys loved themselves some princess cake on princess plates with pink and purple butterfly and flower confetti sprinkled on the table. Sugar tastes like sugar, even when it's really girly sugar.

Oh how I wish I could post pictures of my beautiful birthday girl on here. Kin has stepped up after all these months and decided they might take her. There is nothing I can do about it, and I think it will tear her world apart to be moved to a house full of people she doesn't know, again. We're just praying for what's best for her, and we're so happy that we got to have this special day with her to celebrate her as the wonderful girl she is. Thank goodness for holidays; they give us a reason to go over the top for the people we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment