Friday, December 26, 2014

God bless us, every one!

I've watched four different versions of A Christmas Carol, read an illustrated version of the book to the boys, told the story with a really intricate pop-up book, and I am not reading the abridged version to the boys that was included with the pop-up book. Last year I read Jacob T. Marley, and it's been interesting to see different interpretations with the "Jacob T. Marley" explanation in the back of my mind. So don't be surprised that this post is entitled with a line from the book. :)

Welcome to Christmas.

Christmas Eve dinner is always appetizers.
Santa hats and a theme. This year was Mickey Mouse in honor of S since she loves Minnie and Mickey so much.


 (I swear those gray pants of mine have Mickey on them!)



Reading The Night Before Christmas, as we do every Christmas Eve. Of course I had to hold the book up so we could have one picture without S's face.
 Opening presents Christmas morning.



 We don't do "elf on the shelf". I have enough to handle around Christmas time. So we made up for our lack of elf antics in a very fun photo shoot. :D


 (At this point I stole the step stool and left Jason to his own instincts to get down. Lol!)

Going out to play in the SNOW! We were so excited to wake up to a white Christmas.





 Coming inside now.
 Christmas dinner. Steak, loaded mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sparkling cider, and homemade chocolate mousse pie.
I wish we had more pictures, but I am glad I didn't spend more time with a camera, as that means I spent more time with my children. :)

So many people are on my mind today:
Jason's widowed grandma has my thoughts since Jason's grandpa died two weeks ago.
My friend died about a week ago, and his family has occupied my thoughts a lot also.
My sister who is serving a mission for the LDS church in England is spending her first holiday away from home today.
S's parents are definitely on my mind. Where are they? What did they do? What did they eat? What are their traditions? Where would S be if she hadn't been put in foster care? I will never know the answers to these questions.
My family and friends with cancer are all in my thoughts and prayers. Did they feel well today?
To the future mother of my adopted children, all my heartfelt love. I can't wait to meet you. Where are you today?

I could go on. There are so many people I would like to help. And on this day when our Savior was born, on this day when One who understands all our pain came into this world for us, my heart is full to bursting that I don't need to be there for everyone all the time, because He is. I can do what I can do, and He will do so much more. The reason I need to help those I care about is for my own peace of mind. And I love doing it.

On this most merry of days, a Merry Christmas to anyone who reads this. May you feel wrapped in your Savior's love, as I do. God bless us, every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment