Monday, August 11, 2014

It's always fun when Grandpa comes!


The boys had so much fun with Grandpa here. He had some training to do for work so he was in town for almost a week. We didn't see much of him between his classes and studying, but every second he got he was entertaining the kids. They loved having him here, and so did Jason and I. On the last day he was here, he had to get up early enough that the boys didn't get to see him before he left. The looks in their eyes when they found out they weren't going to see Grandpa that day were pretty heartbreaking. Luckily, Grandpa's training was short so we all went to lunch together. The kids almost couldn't believe it when I told them we got to see Grandpa one last time.


It rained for almost an entire week here, which I loved. I love the smell, feel, and sound of rain. Just everything. The lightning and thunder. It's pretty amazing. The kids are learning to love the rain almost as much as I do.
 Kai really wanted me to take this picture of his funny face while he was dancing in the rain. I gladly obliged. :)

Our summer days are coming to an end.
Picnic lunch
When the seasons change, I am always torn between longing for more of the past season or anxiously looking toward the coming. We've had such a wonderful summer that I hate to see it go, but fall will be wonderful without a doubt. I can't believe a whole season has passed since we got S. Time flies when you're having fun!
Fresh peas from the garden
 And just for fun, there's this:
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment