Friday, June 6, 2014

Happy Birthday, Jason!

Jason had a birthday! The kids loved picking out his cake. (They picked a chocolate cake with orange frosting and Winnie the Pooh decorations.)
Those tall sparkler candles? Yeah, they were a mess. We're lucky we didn't light the house on fire.



I put up streamers and had his presents ready for wrapping. I was just waiting for one last present to arrive in the mail. When it did, Jason OPENED THE PACKAGE! Ach! He's so hard to surprise. Last time I tried to surprise him, I thought he had figured it out, so I flat out told him the entire plan. Oops. Turns out he hadn't figured out anything until I spilled the beans. Surprises just don't work out for him. He's too smart to be surprised. When we were first married, he would guess every single thing I wrapped for him no matter how random it was. But despite the terrible package opening incident, I was still able to put together a pretty fun little birthday for him.
Because I got him a little shooting target, we went out and shot the airsoft guns for a bit. It was a blast. The boys always love shooting, and it's the perfect opportunity to talk to them about gun safety without having a real gun present.

I'm so grateful to have Jason in my life and to have this opportunity to celebrate his life. He's done so much for his age, and he's done it all fantastically. He's such a well-rounded, fun-loving man. I'm proud of him each day for something or another. As I write this, he is out back having a "camping trip" with the boys. He even went the extra mile to set up the projector so they could watch a movie together in the tent. How did I get so lucky?! My life is amazing, and I owe a lot of it to Jason. Happy birthday, babyface! You're @mazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment