Monday, April 14, 2014

Crazy fun finish to Spring Break

Thursday the 10th
We were going to feed the ducks, Seth, Kai, and I. But Seth was having a hard day listening, so he wasn't ready to go in time. I made him a lunch and let him eat in Daddy's home office while Kai and I went. It was great to get away just the two of us. Ducks and birds are all within walking distance, so we didn't have to go far from home today, and I was able to ride my bike with the bike seat on it for Kai. We found two ducks pretty close to the shore and started throwing out scraps of bread I've been saving for a while just for this excursion. When those two ducks were wondering away, having had their fill, a goose wandered up. It ate quite a bit of bread also. We got back on our bikes, ready to find another partaker. There was a little path leading to an island that looked like the perfect place to toss a few scraps of bread. Unfortunately, we stumbled upon a nesting goose! If you don't know, geese are MEAN. I was afraid when we came upon this goose sitting on its eggs, but we were able to distract it with bread and back away slowly. We had fun riding home, just the two of us.

Friday the 11th
We met up with some friends at an amazing park about 5 minutes from our home. I'm great friends with the mom, and they have kids that are very similar ages to our kids, so it works out great! We actually started getting to know one another because our younger boys both had to wear the helmets that reshape a baby's head if they have a flat spot. Anyway, we brought a picnic lunch and had a blast!

Kai is a climber!
 This video is just too cute!

 This lady is a wonderful friend!
The only downside to this relaxing part of the day was the sunburn I acquired.

That night, we went to the opening night of Jason's play!!! It's finally here! And I can officially say that it was worth it to let him leave almost nightly. He's had so much fun, and he does such a great job. It will be a little while before he does another play, but I bet he doesn't give this up. He's just too good at it! And the boys LOVE musical theater. Here we are, anxiously awaiting the musical.


And here's where I failed... The kids were so tired by the time we left the play that I completely forgot to get a picture of us all together with him in his costume. :'( Majorly sad day.  What a lost opportunity. I'm going to try to figure out a way to get a picture of all of us with him in costume. I'm going with friends on the closing night, but they only allow children on the first and second nights, so no chance at taking the kids again.
Jason is so great in the play. He sings, tap dances, and generally makes everyone laugh. I really can't describe how good he is. He has a huge pack on his back for the entire show and has to kind of squat/bend down the entire time. I don't think my legs would hold up! And he makes it look easy. That's just Jason though; he is so good at picking up a skill and being amazing at it, no problem. I think it has to do with his willingness to take correction and thus change a wrong course before it becomes habit. Yeah, he's just that good. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment