Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Les Miserables! :D

Les Mis was FANTASTIC! Did you expect anything less? I didn't. I was crying within the first 10 minutes of the show and it didn't stop until they were bringing up the lights at the end and I knew I was about to make a fool of myself. Lol! I even caught one of the actors staring at me in the closing scene, and I knew it was because I was wearing my emotion on my face. But that's who I am. My mom always says that I'm a terrible liar, and it's because my face just shows what I'm feeling no matter what. Jason fully admitted that he cried too, so I wasn't alone! But with a storyline like that, who wouldn't cry? If you don't know, it's about a man that gives everything he has for others. And I mean EVERYTHING. It starts with his sister, then it goes to a factory-working girl, then her daughter. He even gives for the man that has hunted him his whole life. He is who I want to be. I want to finish this life being able to say that I gave everything I could for those around me. A couple months ago, a friend of ours said that she couldn't imagine me disliking anyone, and it was one of the best compliments I have received in a while. Funny enough, Jason turned right around when she said it and exclaimed, "See? I told you so!" I love that man.

Here we are with the Les Mis set in the background.
This picture was taken after the show, so don't mind my puffy eyes and lack of mascara. Besides the crying that took place during the show, this whole date had somehow slipped my mind. Oops! So I went in exactly what I was wearing, no makeup, my hair not done, etc. Luckily, I know Jason loves me no matter what, so my forgetfulness didn't spoil our awesome date.

Afterward, we went to Red Robin to eat dinner. They have amazing gluten-free burger buns to go with their amazing burgers. And they have a separate fryer for their fries. Yum! It was funny though; I think we freaked the waitress out a little bit... We didn't stop talking the entire time she was seating us, and when we sat down, we sat on the same side of the table. Definitely not what she was used to, according to her surprised reaction. Lol!

All in all, we were gone for almost 7 hours. Thank goodness for amazing an babysitter! We don't do this very often at all, so it was fun to get away, just the two of us, and have some grown-up conversation. Musical theater and a good dinner with a lot of conversation--this pretty much sums up a perfect date for us. :)

(P.S. This was our Valentine's date. I know we are more than a month late, but we like to spend Valentine's Day with our children. And we don't usually take this long to get out on a date together afterward.)

No comments:

Post a Comment