Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Spring Break

It has officially begun! Wait... It's half over. It goes so fast!

We did some cleaning on Monday but mostly just hung around. It was nice to start off the week with a restful day.

On Tuesday, we met with our RFC for foster care, and it was great getting to know her. I think she should move in around here, because we kept getting off topic and talking too much. Lol! Yeah, we could be friends. She was great at answering our questions, too. That evening, Jason had play practice. The play opens this week! Eek! I think he's getting really nervous. He keeps talking about how behind everyone feels, but I keep telling him that it always feels that way right before opening night. Here's his amazing costume:

  Because he was gone, the kids and I went to Trafalga without him. We rode a lot of rides, played some arcade games, did some bowling, and played some mini-golf outside. (The weather was beautiful!)

We hit Seagull Book on the way home and picked up a hardback copy of the fourth book in the Fablehaven series. I'm trying to get them all in hardback because Jason and I both LOVED them. The first one was mediocre, but the other four books are amazing, especially book five. Jason is planning on re-reading the series soon. (He's reading The Help right now, mostly because I recommended it and then got it from the library for him. He finally took the hint. Lol!) I have way too many books on my "to read" list (about 40).

Today, I took the kids to the Hogle zoo while Jason was working. What a trip! We walked a TON, and it was really hot outside. Zoo stink is not a good smell on me. Lol! I worried that the kids would complain a LOT; I know they were hot, thirsty, hungry, and tired by the end--not a good combination. They were pretty much angels the whole time anyway. I was so impressed by them. Of course, I forgot the camera. :( Boo! Luckily, my friend went to the zoo today also, so she shared some pictures with me. Yay for great friends! (Even though I didn't see her there...) My favorite animals are the giraffes or the penguins, but there were no penguins to see today, so we focused on the giraffes.
 I had previously gone in the gift shop to purchase sunscreen, which I had also forgotten. They had a sale on stuffed animal giraffes. (Our kids call them "giraffe stuffies".) So I got one for each boy. When we got to the giraffes, I told them how much I love giraffes and why. (They are incredibly unique animals. They are so graceful, gentle, colorful, etc. Two of the giraffes were even cuddling when we were there! Too cute!) Then I gave them each their stuffy. They were so excited, and they were adorable; they didn't put their stuffies down the rest of the time.
Kai didn't even want to get out of the stroller after that! Not even to see the gorillas! It was so cute. They are asleep with their stuffies right now, and they promised me they would dream about giraffes tonight. :) When we got home, we all crashed. Kai slept the whole way home, and I drank about 2 gallons of water. We were simply worn out, which is a good feeling when it is for something this fun. Tomorrow may be swimming or a movie or a bike ride or some combination of the above. We'll see what the future holds. ♪ ♫ "One day more!" ♪ ♫


As a bonus note, Kai has said the funniest things today. This was a conversation we had this morning:
Kai: I read that book...
Me: Did you like it?
Kai: Well actually, I'm going to finish my sentence.

When I was giving them a bath after the zoo, Kai yelled, "I'm a super fly guy!" I laughed out loud, and the kids couldn't imagine what was so funny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment