Thursday, September 12, 2013

Adoption Panel

Seth went to a birthday party this morning and had a blast. Kai was sad that he didn't get to go, so we came home and ate fruit snacks together which are a huge treat in our house!

I went to an adoption panel/chat thingy held by Families Supporting Adoption and LDS Family Services. It was great to hear about the different stories and feelings from all the people on the panel. Each story is so unique; I just can't get enough of it! I could listen to people talk about it all day long. And I always have more questions, a lot of them just out of curiosity and not for my benefit necessarily. Adoption is simply my favorite subject right now. :) It was great hearing other people's questions also, because it gave me some insight into what other potential adoptive families think and feel. My favorite part was definitely listening to the birth parents speak. Other viewpoints than my own always fascinate me. I just want to know what everyone else is thinking pretty much all the time. Is that strange? Haha! I often think about the future birth parents of our future child. I wonder where they are now and what they are doing, how they are feeling, how long it will be until we meet them, etc. It feels like waiting to meet my own sibling! So if it's you, know that many thoughts and prayers have been coming your way for a long time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment