Wednesday, September 11, 2013

We will never forget.

I will never forget where I was that day. I got up early to get a cast off of my arm. I had previously broken my wrist rollerblading at a skate park. I turned on the TV while I waited for my mother to finish getting ready to go. And then it happened. I ran to tell my mother, and at first she didn't believe me. I was yelling at my brothers to stop getting ready for school and watch. We left them glued to the TV. Because the town I grew up in was so small, we had to drive to the next town over to get the cast removed. We listened on the radio as the second tower was hit. Then we lost radio signal. It was hard to wait the 15 minutes it took to go between two mountains before our signal came back.

Last year, we went to NYC for Easter because Jason had to be out there for a work meeting and we didn't want to spend Easter apart. It was wonderful! The boys and I had so much fun, and we saw about everything there is to see. This includes the 9/11 memorial. It's so peaceful inside. They've done a wonderful job of making the area beautiful and meaningful.



I've always been patriotic. I love this country. And that day, our country stood together for basic freedoms. Life. Liberty. Safety. Freedom. I loved feeling that as a teenager. I love anytime I get to feel it now. We are so blessed to be here! We have prosperity and freedom that others can't imagine. I hope we are all grateful for these blessings that I believe come from a loving Heavenly Father.

This is one of my favorite pictures. We were at the Stadium of Fire this year, 
and these are my boys looking at the flag as our national anthem is sung. 

My heart goes out to those who lost loved ones in that senseless attack a dozen years ago. I couldn't breathe without my husband and my little boys. I can't imagine what the survivors are going through, even still. I hope they know they have the greatest nation in the world behind them. I wish they all knew what I know about life eternal and the love of an omniscient Father in Heaven.

 

We will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment