Friday, September 13, 2013

Author

We had a fun Friday night! Richard Paul Evans is the author of the Michael Vey book series. It's a cute little series that Jason and I have both read. Evans prereleased book 3 tonight, and we were there!

While Seth was at school, it was raining outside. Kai was so disappointed that 
I wouldn't let him go outside. It was more wind than rain, and I didn't want him 
getting sick. He sat at this window and watched the rain for a while.




These are my cute boys waiting for the Amazing Michael Vey show to start.

This is the cover of book 1, but Michael Vey is usually standing there. :) 
This time, it's my boys doing muscles. Aren't they cute?!?

And here he is folks! Richard Paul Evans!
We got the first three books signed, and it was so fun.

The book is about electricity, so there were a lot of science experiments spread throughout the foyer. My boys loved seeing all the arcing electricity, which we called lightning since they understand that a little better. It was also neat to show them the man behind the words. I got the opportunity to explain to Seth that someone has to write all the words in all the books. Those people are called authors. I think it helped him understand what I do when I proofread books. Such teaching moments are so precious. I would much rather show my kids electricity and authors than point to it in a book and make them memorize it. Life is for learning, and my boys are good at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment