Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Service Opportunities

Hey! This is Jason.  Ashley told you about us going to pick our own fruit on Labor Day.  We had a blast.  After reading her post, I wanted to add some insights.  She mentions that we had some opportunities to help others.  Seriously, it was an even more fun day because of these opportunities.

On our way to the farm, we saw a small car stall out on the road.  As we were passing them, two young boys jumped out (probably 12 and 8 years old).  We looked at each other and thought, "Oh, that's not good."  This was a major road that was right in front of an entrance to a highway.  So Ashley pulls over and says, "Hey, go help them." (I love when she does stuff like that.)  I ran over and helped push them into a parking lot.  Good thing, too, because I'm not sure those little boys would have gotten the car up the small incline of the parking lot.  That was awesome, and I needed the exercise.  :)



Then, after paying for our fruit at the farm, a family realized they only had a credit card. This place only takes cash.  So Ash nudges me to go help, and we paid for their fruit.  Felt even better when we realized they had an infant just waiting to have a meltdown. (We saw them about five minutes later and the baby was just wailing. That would have made their situation so much worse if they'd been worrying about paying still.)  Again, I love when we can help others and, more importantly, when others let us help.  It felt great to be of service to them.

I love Ashley, and I appreciate her desire to offer aid to whomever she can.  She inspires me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment